About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Live and Learn

Friday afternoon last week I set out to enter the big wild world of catering. I had gotten a request to make a meal for not just a normal graduation party, but a double one! It was going to be themed after the Brazilian style of a Churrasco mixed with traditional American Barbeque. I was pretty excited...until I started stringing the last leg of the veggie kabobs, my chocolate cake fell, and the raspberry mousse wouldn't form stiff peaks. My feet hurt, I was sleep deprived and my emotional state was in shreds since I had never had a cake fall on me before. Not once in my whole life. Needless, in the end I did have a lot of fun and people liked it more than I thought they would. It was incredibly satisfying to see everyone having a great time and the graduates happy to relax. To heap on the good news: I have another catered event! Next Saturday I'm going to be making some baked goods for my church's garden party.

Menu for Double Graduation Party:
Romaine Caesar Salad
Bacon Water Chestnut Appetizers
Homemade Baked Beans
Creamed Corn
Colorful Kabobs with Peppers and Onions
Cheesy Grilled Potatoes
Brazilian Vinegrette
Churrasco-Style Grilled Steaks
2 Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cakes (one with more fudge than it's fruity sister)
Carrot Cake


2 comments:

  1. The food was amazing! People have been raving about it for weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Kyle and I fought over the last piece of carrot cake. He stole it in the middle of the night. The thief . . . said my name wasn't on it. How cheap is that! It was MY cake! You are a gifted cook, Candice and you will do well in this business. I would recommend you to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Karin! I had such a great time. And let Kyle know that I will happily make him carrot cake anytime he wants; that way your goodies are safe. :)

    ReplyDelete