About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Family in the Kitchen

One of my favorite things to do is cook with my family, or even just cook with people I really love. Last spring break I came home after a grueling 3 months without a kitchen. I had been living in a tiny dorm room, without a roommate and without a good place to cook and I felt like I was going insane. I couldn't even go home for a kitchen fix on the weekends. To top it all off, I had also been eating cafeteria food the whole semester beforehand. I was desolate. So the first day I arrived in rainy Seattle for spring break I burst into the new kitchen and set right to work! My mom and I love cooking, and one of my sister's passions is photography. Needless to say, we were soon all chopping, stirring, clicking, and snapping away. The results? Some great pictures that bring back great memories and a delicious dinner of Pecan Crusted Cod. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact recipe we used. However, I found one that I'm pretty sure is very close to it. Try it out and leave reviews as comments if you'd like!

Pecan Crusted Cod Fillets 

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1cup nuts peanuts or pecans, chopped
  • 4 ounce(s) fish fillets, we used cod but tilapia would work as well
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Preparation

1. In a small bowl, combine flour and cayenne pepper. Spread flour mixture on a plate. Spread nuts on a separate plate.
2. Season fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge one fillet through flour and shake off excess. Dip floured fillet into egg whites. Press the fillet into chopped pecans until it is covered.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place fillets in skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley for garnish if you want to make it look fancy. ;)

Me, slicing lemon wedges


My beautiful mother frying up the fillets


 The perfect side dish--baked potatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment