About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bad Blog Parenting and Irish Mousse

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day! And I realized that I have posted absolutely zero Irish themed recipes here. My poor blog. I'm such a bad blog mom.


So here we go! To remedy the tragedy I'm posting Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Coffee Pudding. (OH my word. That is way to many words to say.) We should just call them St. Paddy's Pudding! Orrrrr Boozy Mocha Puddings. On the newly written out recipe card it is titled "Bailey's Irish Coffee Mousse. But then you don't know about the chocolate, which is very important. Maybe just Chocolate Coffee Mouse? Or something that is easier to say and remember. Here at home we just call it: "That amazing pudding" There is no other description needed. We all just instinctively know what "that pudding" means. Because it is so good.



For one thing, I don't like coffee. And I don't like alcohol themed desserts.
And I like this pudding. (How is that possible? I don't know how that is possible. But it's possible.)


"That Pudding"-- Irish Cream Mocha Pudding
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cup strong coffee
2 slightly beaten egg yolks
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup of heavy cream, whipped until stiff. 
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Mini Chocolate Chips to garnish, optional
In a sauce pan combine sugar, flour, a pinch of salt and the cocoa. Slowly whisk in the coffee and Baileys until smooth. Cook on med low heat until thick and bubbly. Reduce the heat to low and cook two minutes more, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs yolks and vanilla together. Temper the eggs and the hot coffee mixture. By slowly pouring in a stream of coffee (about 1/4 cup) into the eggs whisking the whole time. Then add the tempered egg yolks in to the remaining hot coffee mixture, still continually whisking. Bring the whole thing back to a boil and cook 2 additional minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a chilled bowl. Cover the pudding with plastic wrap, making sure the pudding is touching the plastic wrap to avoid a film from forming on it as it chills. Cool it completely in the refrigerator. While it cools, whip your heavy cream until it is stiff. I sweetened mine with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar right before stiff peak formed, but feel free to skip this step if you want to keep the recipe lower in sugar. Reserve half of a cup of the whipped cream to garnish the mousse, folding the rest into your chilled coffee pudding. Spoon into individual cups and garnish with the whipped cream and chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment