About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Dr. Seuss is one of those people that made my life better. And I can't really pinpoint it, but I love him and his crazy head. The nonsense he created has got to be some of the best nonsense I've ever read.


Look at him! It's like the face of genius and fun all wrapped up in one. I have seriously considered creating a Dr. Seuss board on pinterest. But I have wayyyy too many pinterest boards already. I mean, what is one to do when there are things like this floating around the internet?


Exactly. 
I'm not sure what flavor of cupcakes Dr. Seuss would want for his birthday. But I do know what a lot of kids like, and Dr. Seuss is the un-official patron saint of children. 
When I was a kid one of my favorite things to eat for lunch was Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches. There was something special about them. Not your regular old pb and j fare, my friends. This was PB and awesome. 
And so: 
Peanut Honey Cupcakes.


If you ever loved peanut butter and honey sandwiches, you must make and eat these immediately. Just don't eat three at once and get sick like everyone else in my family. :/ That was a bit awkward. 

It will be hard. You will want to eat three. You will have to reach deep within you to find that self control that  every cupcake ninja possesses. 


Honey and Peanut Cupcakes- Makes about 13 (I know, weird number. Sorry.)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup soft butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups chopped unsalted peanuts
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about three minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the honey and sour cream until smooth. Add to the batter alternately with the flour mixture, beating after each addition until all the ingredients are combined. Fold in the nuts. Fill cupcake tins 3/4 of the way full and bake at 350 until the tops of the cakes spring back when pressed or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. About 18 minutes.

Frost with peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, or vanilla butter cream. You could try cream cheese frosting too because cream cheese frosting is my spirit animal icing.
And so I leave you with words of wisdom from Dr. Seuss himself...(I love this list. I want it for my future classroom. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment