About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Monday, August 29, 2011

I did it!

I have finally done it...it's been on my bucket list for years and it's always been something I've dreamed of doing and now it's done!
I made a wedding cake.
:D
Ok, so it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, but the good news is I get to do another one in November.

Amy and Max were such a nice couple and their wedding was sweet and fun. I saw them last Sunday a few days after they got back from their honeymoon and they looked so happy. I was really blessed to be able to do all their wedding food. A thousand thanks, Mr and Mrs Ford! :)


The Menu:
Mini Quiches
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Mushroom and Brie Tarts
Fruit Kabobs
Pesto Rolls
Wedding Cake! ;) (White chocolate raspberry and coconut layers)
Lemonade Sherbet Punch

The camera died really early on into the whole event so I have very few pictures of the food. :( But the reviews were all raving and lots of people came up to me this week to tell me how tasty it was. I was so happy it went so well since I was sick the day of the wedding and was stressing out the entire time. Lots of prayers were sent my way and they worked! Thanks everyone... <3
Mini Quiches with Swiss, Cheddar and Ham

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus right before they headed into the oven. These were a hit! Everyone I talk to mentions how good these are.

Layering the cake to make sure it's all to scale...

Royal icing flowers for the cake drying



And of course, the cake itself. Sorry for the AWFUL picture. Like I said, the camera died at this point. :( And I think it tasted better than it looked. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment